Friday, April 20, 2012

Well, That Was Fast

I mentioned there was a possibility that playing with my Inquisitor would end up with story lines which might turn my stomach . . . but I didn't expect it to happen quite this quickly.

My story line has now taken me to Balmorra.  On the Republic side, of course, your purpose is to help the people fight for their freedom.  On the Empire side, your purpose is to take over the world and place all the people in subjugation.  Now, this should be obvious, from the idea that it seems to be the general purpose of the Empire in general to take over worlds and place people in subjugation.  But it's another thing to finally encounter quests which are to that end.

I also understood why, but still found it disturbing, that the common people were afraid of me and started stammering when they realized I was there.  (Not to mention started spouting off lines to the effect that they were trying to help "our glorious Empire".)  On the Jedi side, they either welcome you or feel free to start complaining about the injustices/misfortunes/whatever they have experienced with the Republic.  (Not that we like complaining, necessarily, but people have to have a certain amount of trust in you to do it.  They have to know you aren't going to pull out that lightsaber and relieve them of a few body parts if they open their mouths.  From my Jedi's perspective, it's sort of a compliment.)

My poor little Sith was left with little option but to decline quests (actually, I escaped out of them), focus on her class quests (which location she hasn't actually reached at the moment), and queue for warzones (long queues, for some reason).  There was no way she could reassure the people who trembled at her presence that she wasn't one of "those" Sith.

I mentioned this to my husband, commenting that I had the same problem when I finally tried to play Horde in WoW.  He mumbled into his pillow something to the effect that this was why he'd been so surprised when I had picked up an Empire character.

Maybe after she's PVP-leveled out of Balmorra, she'll be able to find quests more to her liking.

But you know, I don't mind spending time running warzones as a healer, because it is still a lot of fun, even though the Sages and Sorcerers got nerfed in 1.2.  After all, there's not much better than a nice, evenly-matched, vicious game of Huttball . . . no matter how many times you die.

No comments:

Post a Comment