Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Challenge #15--My Desktop Background

I wish I could say I had a magnificent picture of a Jedi Consular meditating or throwing rocks or something on my desktop background, but I don't.

When I played WoW, I had a black background, with the Night Elf crest centered on it.  When I quit, I decided I needed something non-WoW-related.

But I still felt some kind of connection to trees, having spent so much time with an avatar looking like one in WoW raids over 3.5 years.  So I decided, instead, to find a nice picture of trees.

I found this picture on the Internet and picked it because the autumn trees, with their golden glow, just seem really cheerful, and because I can almost hear the stream splashing over the rocks.  It makes me feel peaceful.  (This is a good thing, because the icons on my desktop are so plentiful and so disorganized that the chaos of it all could overwhelm me without it.  I'm afraid that in sizing it down, it lost some of its realism, but it really is a photograph.)

It's the kind of place at which I would love to sit and just feel what it feels like to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment