Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Challenge #16--What I Miss

When I started this, I knew this particular WoW challenge was the only one which could not be translated easily into SWTOR language . . . or so I thought.

The challenge was to describe what the blogger misses most post-Cataclysm.  Well, SWTOR doesn't have anything like that, but what we do have is . . . . <trumpet fanfare> . . .  1.2.

What do I miss post-1.2?  I miss easily manageable Force on my Jedi Consular.  Hands down, that's what it is.  Resplendence was my best friend.  Once I got the habit down of hitting Noble Sacrifice every time it popped, I found I could juggle my heals well enough to not worry about running out of Force.

Could I run out of Force?  Absolutely, if I became tunnel-visioned and forgot to pop Healing Trance every so often to greatly increase the chances of getting Resplendence.  (Been there, done that.)  But as long as I paid attention, I could handle just about anything . . .

I remember one time when my husband and I ran an Heroic 4 with our companions and managed to hit a boss which never seemed to die.  His life was being whittled away, but it was taking much longer than expected.  In the mean time, he kept tossing random damage out to everyone in the group.  My husband was a little concerned.

"This is going to take a while," he told me.

"Don't worry," I responded, not breaking rhythm.  "I can keep this up all day."  With the heal priority system I had established, I could.  Although not everyone could be topped off all the time, I could keep the four of us alive well enough to complete the encounter.

It's frustrating now to hit Noble Sacrifice upon the Respendence proc and realize I now have to heal myself.  Although the NS doesn't cost any Force, I find myself with much less benefit by the entire exercise because of the extra healing which must now come my way.  I have to wonder if it's even worth it to hit NS upon the proc anymore.  And I know I'm going to have to rearrange some of my secondary stats to be optimal, as the emphasis on Crit before this was a direct result of the desirable effects of Respendence.

But, that said, I understand that MMOs are always being tweaked, usually to appease PVP players.  It is what it is, and I can't change the universe that much.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this, so very much this. My healing just feels weaker now in real terms as I seem to be worrying more about force issues. The noble sacrifice change went from healing being a fun juggle to a 'oh Christ kill the boss faster or you're all dead'

    ReplyDelete