Friday, March 2, 2012

Who Designed This Thing?

After what seems like a lifetime of my husband and I riding our "free" speeders from pre-ordering the game, we finally decided it was time to upgrade.  No, we didn't upgrade at level 40, mostly because we figured that a 10% increase in speed wasn't worth the money.  But at level 50, it would be a 20% increase . . .

I didn't like the speeder available on the fleet, so we headed out to Voss to take a look at other options.  When it came down to it, I decided to go for the Aratech Scythe, as a reasonably-priced option with which I could live.  (My favorite ones are 99k, but I didn't have that kind of money.)

That said, you know that old saying, "You get what you pay for"?  Well, something tells me the designer of this particular speeder never actually test-drove it . . .

What is wrong with this picture?

I have no idea how it is my skirts don't catch on fire while riding this thing or why there isn't as much as a shield to protect my knees from the heat of the engine exhaust.  The Safety Officer where I work would go into absolute fits if she saw this arrangement.  Maybe the designer is counting on me to use the Force . . .

At least it glows a pretty color.

1 comment:

  1. See, this just makes me jealous because I haven't even spent the money for knee-burning yet. I'm at piloting 1, boring stand-on-lawnmower scooter.

    ReplyDelete