Thursday, March 22, 2012

Blogging Challenges

Some time ago, when I was blogging about WoW, someone posted up a 20-day blogging challenge.  This was the general idea, in my own words:

Day 1:  Introduce yourself.
Day 2:  Why do you blog?
Day 3:  Talk about your first day of playing (WoW).
Day 4:  What is your best (WoW) memory?
Day 5:  What are your favorite in-game items?
Day 6:  Describe your workplace/desk.
Day 7:  Why did you choose your blog's name?
Day 8:  What are 10 things we don't know about you?
Day 9:  Talk about your first blog post.
Day 10:  What are your favorite websites or blogs?
Day 11:  What are your bad habits and flaws?
Day 12:  Tell us about a usual day in your life.
Day 13:  Who are the (WoW) players or bloggers whom you admire?
Day 14:  What upsets you?
Day 15:  Show us your desktop background.
Day 16:  What things do you miss post-Cataclysm?
Day 17:  What is your favorite place in-game?
Day 18:  What is your favorite in-game outfit?
Day 19:  What do you have in your bags/bank?
Day 20:  If it was your last day to play (WoW), what would you do?

Except for Day 16, these can all be easily applied to SWTOR, as well.

As I've been out of town for the last week and absolutely exhausted, trying to recover from said out-of-town business tripo, I do not have any recent in-game experiences about which to blog.  So I thought I'd put up this list for my own direction.  I do not intend to do one a day, right after each other, which is how I did it when I was WoW blogging.  But I do intend to cover each of these topics, in order, in between the other ideas I may find about which to write.  (I'll figure out something to cover Day 16 when I get closer to it . . .)

And so, without further ado, here I go with . . .

Day 1:  Introduce Yourself.

You can call me Anachan or Ana for short.  I am a 40-something married female living in the American southwest, close to the Mexican border.  I have five daughters--yes, five, and they are all girls--ranging in age from 17 to almost 9.  We belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (commonly called the Mormons.)  When I was 21, I served an 18-month mission for the church, in Osaka, Japan.  I am not fluent in Japanese, as I once was, but I do still teach my children a little here and there.  (My youngest daughters still want to be tucked in to a silly Japanese song they created, incorporating "I love you" and "good-night.")

Someone in my WoW raiding guild (where I raided for about 3.5 years) once told me I should come with a warning label, because I do not appreciate profanity (yay, profanity filter), so I put one in my guild forum signature:  "Politically conservative, religiously Mormon.  Now you know."  Really, neither one comes up in conversations, unless someone asks me questions in whispers, which is appropriate.  But the statement defines a lot about me.

I do work full-time, but I am not really going to go into what I do.  Mostly it's a bunch of on-line research and paperwork.  My degree, however, was in physics and math education.  I started in physics, then decided I didn't see myself in a lab, so switched my focus to secondary ed.  I never did end up teaching on contract in a classroom, but I did find myself teaching my children at home for five years after my 2nd daughter exhibited autistic characteristics which her school could not manage.  So that degree did not go to waste.  (Most of my daughters are now attending the local rural public school, with the exception of my eldest, who has completed her GED and my 2nd daughter, who returned home for schooling after her freshman year when the kids of the school made life miserable for her.  The girls' combined efforts have resulted in a family reputation for excellence in mathematics.  /flex)

I don't watch a lot of TV or movies, but I do the odd bit of reading.  I enjoy downloading free books for the Kindle app on my smartphone.  I like various crafts, from knitting to lacemaking (vestiges of when I played with the Society for Creative Anachronism) to embroidery.  I can play piano a very little bit and love to watch The Piano Guys videos on YouTube.  I sometimes create cheesy poetry, and, obviously, I like to blog about games and bread.

That's probably more than enough for now.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment