Monday, March 26, 2012

25 and Bored


Last night, my Smuggler reached level 25.  And I reached a realization.

Playing my Smuggler is boring.

It could be because she was stuck on Nar Shaddaa, not one of my favorite locations.  I thought it might be because she was still running around everywhere on foot, so travel was taking forever.  It could be because I'm soloing her, instead of partnering with one of my husband's characters.

But even after I got her trained and was finally able to pull out a speeder, I realized it made no difference.  Contemplating taking a mechanized travel route in the general direction of my next quest caused a bad taste in my mouth, and I just couldn't bring myself to click the button.  My enthusiasm for playing her was utterly and completely gone.  And I think I know why . . .

She's dps.

Face it:  I'm a healer.  It's what I do best, and what I enjoy the most.

I don't mind if it takes me a little longer to kill something, as I juggle dps and healing abilities.  I vastly prefer warzones as a healer, where I feel more useful and, believe it or not, less helpless.  In either scenario, I just don't like the feeling that I'm desperately throwing things at mobs or players and hoping enough will stick to make the target fall over before I do.  I like the idea I can make my life bar go up instead of simply watching it go down.  I like being able to prop up a companion or a teammate in defiance of the enemy.

Long story short, the Gunslinger play style is just not giving me thrills and giggles anymore, so I think she'll be sitting on the sidelines.  For right now, I'll play my Sage in warzones when my husband can't come quest with me, I guess, or I might . . . might . . . check out Trooper healing, as I hear they do ranged dps.

The bed on the Defender must be more cushy than it looks.  Great place for a Focusing Ritual.

There is one more possibility:  I may just identify with my idealistic Consular so much, there isn't much room in my heart for a sassy mercenary . . . In which case, there may be no hope for me at all in the alt department.

No comments:

Post a Comment