Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Introducing Nishaa


Soooo . . . why waste time?  If I'm going to test out Trooper healing, might as well get on with it!

This is Nishaa, my Trooper destined to be a healer.  Her name is inspired by a character in an older Bollywood film, where, I've been informed, it means "night."  This actually is an instance where I completed the character customization and then decided on a name which seemed to fit.  Interestingly enough, my husband was very surprised at my characterization choices.  I'm not sure if it's because she's got a hairstyle too elegant for a Trooper or because she's a brunette, as I tend to make characters more like my own blonde appearance when possible.  (I will say that the female Trooper voice can sometimes be very . . . gruff . . . which does seem a little at odds with her hairstyle.  On the flip side, when the private on Ord Mantell starts stammering at the sight of her, you can totally understand his befuddlement.)

My husband also questioned me about her race.  "Why Mirialan?" he said.  "Aren't they supposed to be Force-sensitive or something?"

"Well, I didn't want human, and I didn't want machinery all over my face, and I didn't want horns.  So that left the Mirialan,"  I replied.  "Besides, she's going to be a healer."

"Oh, that makes more sense," he decided, continuing on his quest for milk and cookies.  "She could be one of those who isn't strong enough in the Force to be a Jedi, but with enough sensitivity to give her an edge at knowing where heals will be needed."  (Obviously, he thinks these things through more completely than I do . . .)

She's only at level 7 right now, so she hasn't had the chance to learn healing yet, but she'll get there.  As I've done the general quests on Ord Mantell already, with my Smuggler, it seems to be going much more quickly.  (Besides, she's terribly OP and things just sort of fall over when she throws firepower in their general direction.)

This time, by the way, when I was asked to fetch the medicines and return them to either the soldier or to the refugees, I returned them to the soldier.  And, boy, was he glad, as one of his patients had taken a real turn for the worse!  It gave me dark side points, but I didn't care, because it was the right choice.  (Again, is the life of a soldier really worth less than the life of a refugee?  After all, someday the Trooper on the stretcher could be me, and I would be grateful to the person who recovered the medicines stolen from my military physician.)


Yep, there you see it!  Dark points . . . If my husband's experience is any indication, this may happen on a semi-regular basis . . .

So, we'll see how this goes.  Will Nishaa make it past Nar Shaddaa?  Will I decide there is room in my heart for a Trooper, as well as a Consular?  Stay tuned, folks . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment