Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tough Class Quest Night

Last night, Quinndarius and I decided to progress along the paths of our class quests in Corellia.  And, once again, we found ourselves frustrated with a light/dark choice in a Trooper class quest.  He chose the Light side choice to start out with, then hit Escape when his stomach roiled and went through the conversation again . . . four times . . .

Finally, he grit his teeth and chose one of the Dark side choices, then sent Elara immediately out on a Diplomacy mission to pick up some Light side points.  Although he knew the Dark side choice was really the right one, it grated on him, to the point where he tip-tapped on his keyboard and posted this in guild chat:


The whole thing disturbed him so much that for the rest of the evening he just couldn't get over it, even when we were focusing on my class quests.

In the course of my class quests, I finally found out the identify of the First Son.  It probably says something about my weak-mindedness that I almost burst into tears in reality, over a game.  (Well, I cry over poetry, movies, songs, and sometimes spontaneously for no apparently good reason, so perhaps it's not so much weak-mindedness as some other problem.)  I felt like I had been punched in the stomach.  I asked Quinndarius, "I suppose it would be against the Jedi Code to go back to my ship and pout?"  He agreed I was probably right . . .

"It's been a hard evening on both of us, hasn't it?" he stated, getting up to go make a cup of Pero.  I nodded and decided it was a caramel hot chocolate evening for me.

Right about now, I think my poor little Jedi Consular would do well to have a Girls' Night In with her padawan and Holiday . . . Relax with a chick flick and a cup of something comforting . . . if the situation weren't so dire.

Good thing she knows how to meditate.

No comments:

Post a Comment