Tuesday, February 28, 2012

And So It Begins . . .

I don't suppose it will surprise anyone that Anachan dinged 50 at the end of a warzone.  Anyone but me, that is.  I knew the end was near, but I hadn't realized exactly how many experience points would result from that particular Voidstar.

The really wonderful thing is I finished my under-50 PVP career with a bang:  I dinged immediately after zooming ahead of the enemy and accessing the data core.  (Consular speed for the win!)


And now what?  Well, we've still got some class quests to finish.  It's almost a shame I won't see the rest of the Voss story until I come back for the giggles, but we're moving on.  (My poor ship is so full of various people I'm not sure where my husband stands when he comes along for the ride . . . C2-N2 has his hands full.)  We'll start the dailies, of course, once we finish our class stories.

Along the way, we'll be sure to work on our warzones, although I confess the first warzone we entered upon reaching level 50 was . . . brutal . . .  The other Huttball team was exceptionally well-organized and stomped us into the dirt, and they figured out I was a healer in about 10 seconds, while it usually has taken lower teams at least a minute.  Going from under-50 warzones, where equipment really didn't matter, to level 50 warzones, where equipment really does matter, has had the effect of making both my tank husband and I feel like we've suddenly become very, very squishy and ineffectual.  Unfortunately, while I can accept being in multiple losing warzones, realizing I'm still gaining points each time and having fun being along for the ride, it grates on my husband's nerves.  On the bright side, if he's traveling, I can now just go run warzones with my Consular and not have to worry about outleveling him.

We'll also work on HM flashpoints, but first, we'll have to go through the regular ones . . . Yea, the only one we've actually completed is Esseles.  We almost managed to two-man Hammer Station with our companions at about that level, but our companions kept "standing in the fire" during the final boss, and we somehow never went back.  So we've got a lot of ground to cover there.

There's still quite a distance to go . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment