Monday, May 7, 2012

Hikarinoko Surprises

Hikarinoko is now level 13 and has, of course, chosen the Operative Advanced Class.  (Healing, ftw!!)  On the way there, I've discovered a few things which surprised me, given my experience with the Sith Inquistor.  (I'll go against my habit and give a spoiler alert here for those interested in such things.)

First, after a full evaluation of the Imperial Agent quests on Hutta, minus the one where a spice dealer was asking me for help and one of the Heroic 2's, I have one thing to say: Hutta is fun!  And I found myself actually able to do some good, like saving a child from becoming a "monster" in Sith training (believe me, I understand the issue there . . .)  Or slightly disobeying orders by allowing a man to escape instead of killing him . . . Sorry, he'd been such a nice guy, I couldn't see the point of killing him, when advising him to scram would accomplish the desired ends, no matter how he ended up seeing me, personally.  Of course, when I received this mail from Keeper, I just sort of ignored it and pretended it never arrived.  (I must be better at this than I thought, if all those Watchers at HQ couldn't figure this one out . . . /wink)


And here's the rest of the message . . .

Hmmm?  Who me?


It was kind of sad to have to leave Hutta, where I understood everyone's relatively straightforward motivations, and go to Empire territory, where you have to deal with . . . nonsense . . .  Although it is nice to not have people look at me and start to cower in fear, unlike my poor Inquisitor.

Next, I actually like Kaliyo.  When Keeper first talked about taking her with me, I suggested it might be simpler just to kill her, but since then, we've really hit it off.  (She apparently bears no grudges for that comment.)  About the moment I found her suggesting a way to avoid a bloodbath, I decided there was more depth to this gal than I had first anticipated.  She might brag about her abilities to slice and dice (figuratively speaking, of course), but she apparently still has a soft spot carefully hidden behind all that bravado.  (Besides, we've already decided how to split up any male prospects we meet:  I get the smart ones, and she gets the rich ones.)

I love the recuperate ability for this character!  I have a cute little droid which gives me an information board, on which I can quietly update my status or look up stuff while I'm resting.  Nice, efficient use of time.  (And much more restful than glowing red and pacing . . . I always liked the Consular Meditation, too; it almost made me feel peaceful, just looking at it.)



I find that Keeper is a rather sympathetic character, so far, anyway.  I was touched that he seemed genuinely concerned this promising agent would become disillusioned as she learned more about the work she would be doing.  And it's much nicer to be dealing with him than a Sith who would stab you in the back as soon as look at you, and from whom I had to conceal most of what I was really thinking.  You get the idea he's actually "got your back", so to speak, although I'm not sure yet about Watchers Two or Three.  (I'll be frank:  I don't think Keeper was blinded at all when he sent that mail I referenced above.  I'm sure he knew exactly what happened and was just trying to let me know a) he knew and b) questions might arise.)

"For what it's worth--I tried to shield you from this.  But it seems it was unavoidable."

 And here's what he was trying to shield me from . . .

Yeah . . . the Sith don't mess around.  And this guy is wanting me to work for him!


All in all, so far, so good!  (Now if only I can rearrange my action bars and keybinds to my liking . . . Still working on that one . . .)

3 comments:

  1. I vastly prefer the agent resting animation to the smuggler animation. The smuggler throws a coin in the air and shoots it. And, hearing the shooting noise, I immediately think that something is shooting AT me and that I've been dragged into combat by a wandering mob. It's pretty annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agent Hikarinoko:

    I am pleased to see your daily progress reports. You handled the situation on Hutta perfectly and with a minimum of bloodshed. Violence isn't always the answer; this lesson pays dividends in unexpected ways. However, do not let your enemies think you weak. Sometimes a decisive strike is warranted.

    As to our friend on the Dark Council ... study him well. There may come a time when we are required to act in the best interests of the Empire, whether the Sith like it or not. Keep your guard up at all times; never let your defenses down in his presence and always be ready.

    Keeper has great faith in you, as does Watcher 2. Ensure that their praise does not make you lazy. Things are heating up in the galaxy and we're at the brink of total war with the Republic. A war now would spell disaster for the Empire and its citizens. We simply aren't ready, despite the zealotry of the Sith.

    Agent Hikarinoko, be wary, as always.

    - Cipher Agent Targeter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cipher Agent Targeter:

      Thank you for your words of wisdom and counsel. The path ahead is still somewhat clouded, but I know the course will become clear as it is traveled and more information discovered. It is good to know there are those whose goals are in line with the good of the Empire, regardless of the self-interested activities of others.

      Your advice is greatly appreciated. I will remember it.

      Agent Hikarinoko

      Delete