Saturday, June 30, 2012

Unofficial Agent Trailer

Some time ago, when I still had a job (seems eons ago, and yet, it was only two weeks), I had a day when I was bored . . . I was bored enough to go read on the SWTOR community forums, which is not something I spend a lot of time doing on a regular basis.

There, I found a thread wherein players were stating their reasons for choosing an Imperial Agent over a Smuggler.  A lot of people cited PVP or the story line as their reasons, but one person cited his reason as a reaction to a video.

This video could legitimately be considered a spoiler, if you consider movie trailers to be spoilers.  I think the creator did a pretty good job of piecing things together, and, to be honest, the biggest possible spoiler point in Chapter 1 is not even alluded to in the video.

Enjoy!




By the way, Hikarinoko is now running around in Chapter Two.

I'll confess:  unlike my Consular's experience with Lord Vivicar, my Agent fell flat on her face at her end of Chapter 1 quest.  After a few times of this, I went so far as to read about the encounter and try to implement the suggestions given.  But although I attempted it many times over several days, my efforts were in vain.  In desperation, I finally managed to talk my husband into bringing his slightly lower-level Sith Sorcerer and healing, so I could keep my full attention on the boss and his various casts.  (This, by the way, was only made possible by the incredibly good fortune of having both our transfer origination servers directing to the same destination server.)  With someone else, it was so simple, I felt sheepish for not having been able to do it solo . . . but some quests are like that.  (Note to self:  next time, set a Focus.  It might help.)

I did wonder how the writers could possibly make something to rival Chapter 1 as I headed into Chapter 2 . . . But you know, so far, I think they have risen to the challenge.  (When I find myself staying up later than I should be doing, after a physically exhausting day of packing/loading boxes and furniture, and unpacking them all again at the destination, just because I am caught up in the story . . . . well, that's success.)

1 comment:

  1. That is a fantastic video. I am a big fangirl of the agent class, so thank you for posting this. *downloads and squirrels it away on her harddrive*

    The agent storyline REALLY picks up right after the end of chapter 1, and goes all mindscrewy on the poor agent. I loved every minute of it, and was pretty sad when I reached the end of her story (which has a few WAITWHAT?! moments of its own... look forward to it!)

    Oh, and that fight at the end of chapter 1? Took me almost TWO weeks. On top of being difficult the encounter was terribly bugged when I had to do it. Even though this bug appears to be fixed now, every other agent I'll roll will take the option of talking Darth Pain-in-the-Backside into taking his ball and leave. Because you can totally do that. The meltdown I went through after I learned about this option wasn't pretty.

    ReplyDelete