Sunday, June 10, 2012

Another Good Reason to PVP

A while ago, my agent Hikarinoko attempted to complete the quest "The Thing Czerka Found".  As soon as I started the event, I realized I remembered this one.  (I can hear you now . . . "Anachan, you said you were going to talk about PVP in your title.  Why on earth are you talking about a Tatooine quest?"  Bear with me.)

When my consular Anachan and my husband's trooper had done it together, it had still been a little tricky, because of the adds which kept coming.  But we had managed because . . . well, face it, Trooper tank and Consular healer, along with their pets, can manage a whole lot.

Not terribly unexpected, then, Hikarinoko failed miserably while attempting this at a level one below the quest level.  I rezzed her at the medical center and decided to return at least one level later.

One level later, she headed back into Czerka's underground building again.  But before she could reach the final encounter, her PVP invitation popped up, and off she went.  (Don't ask me which warzone; I don't remember.)

Upon returning to the cavern (thankfully in stealth), she made it to the final encounter and engaged the elite waiting for her there . . . along with the myriad adds which shortly appeared . . .

Amazingly enough, although it was "touch and go" a couple of times, she and Kaliyo finally stood victorious, relief obvious upon their foreheads.  (Hey, even Kaliyo was worried a couple of times!)

As she quick-traveled out, I thought, "That wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  I'm amazed we were successful."

And then I looked at the top left side of my screen, wherein Hikarinoko's icon sits.  (Yes, I use a variation on the "Retro" interface.)

I laughed.

There, under her Energy bar, was a whole line-up of buffs, left over from her warzone match--buffs I had no idea she had received.

A few extra stats can make a big difference, can't they?  Lucky that warzone queue had popped!

So not only does playing in warzones accomplish the daily, bringing more xp, more rewards, and so forth, not to mention being a lot of fun and an adrenaline rush, but they can help provide much-needed buffs when facing a challenging encounter.  Win-win-win!  (Even if you lose the warzone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment