Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Stealth Technology and Vector

After so many levels of questing with Kaliyo, I was looking forward to taking someone else along for a while.  And I find that, although he's not a tank, I do enjoy questing with Vector.  As fast as he kills things, I find I can usually tank just fine, and with my personality, it's easier to pick up affection points.  (The only way I can stay ahead of all my negative points with Kaliyo is to shower her with gifts.)

But when we go into stealth mode, there is a slight problem with whatever technology we are using to accomplish this feat . . .


I'm sure you can see what I mean.  Anyone looking in our direction would be puzzled to see his electrostaff apparently floating in mid-air.

Interestingly enough, I did find one instance in which his electrostaff was also included in the stealth coverage . . .

This evening, I ran a couple of warzones.  While I hate to depart in the middle of a warzone, even if it is going badly, I found I had to answer the call of my kitchen timer and figured the team needed the opportunity to have someone else join who could pay attention.  (I was making yogurt, and it's very temperature-sensitive, so certain points in the process are time-critical.)

When I returned from my kitchen adventures, I found Hikarinoko had entered her ship in stealth, which is the state she was in when she left the warzone.  As I headed toward the exit door, I was startled to see this sight:


Yes, my dedicated, peaceful 2V-R8, whose only excursions outside the ship are on diplomatic missions, was in stealth.

Huh?  Why would he be in stealth on my ship?  I wondered if it was because I had zoned back from a warzone while in stealth, and if so, were my other companions also stealthed out on the ship?

Accordingly, I headed toward the back of the ship.  Sure enough, there was Kaliyo . . .


And finally, Vector . . .


Notice something different about him than in the first picture above?  (Aside from the fact he is stealthed and I am not.)  Yep, here on my ship, where being in stealth does not give me one iota of advantage, his weapon is actually hidden, as well.

I think I'm going to have to have a little chat with the technical folks back at Imperial Intelligence Headquarters . . .

1 comment:

  1. This is interesting. I never had that effect on my Agent, and Vector's weapon is hidden under the stealth cloak as well when I go into stealth. So, maybe something with your graphics settings?

    ReplyDelete