Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sometimes Random Is Good

When given the choice of a quest reward, I usually choose the gear, the companion gear, or the commendations.  I almost never choose the random box.

But last night, I decided, just for the giggles in my limited time, to head to Tatooine and hit an Heroic 2 quest I hadn't done yet.  As Hikariniko is level 32, it wasn't terribly difficult.  Stealth in, take out the group guarding the objective, get the objective, take out the group suddenly appearing to defend the objective, QuickTravel home.

The quest rewards offered were a head piece which was much lower level than her present one, unneeded Tatooine commendations, and a blue quality random roll box.  I picked the box.  (After all, the worst that could happen would be I'd end up with something to sell.)

Lo and behold!  Something useful actually came out of it.  To my great surprise, a chest piece which was a distinct upgrade appeared, and what is more, it was cute!

So here she is in her not-too-terribly-hard-won new bit of Agent fashion.

Not too terribly bad, hm?
Now if only I could find a moddable piece of Agent gear in a style I liked enough to just upgrade mods . . . (I prefer a more streamlined, short piece look.  I  don't like the long-coat looking things which seem to be more appropriate for the Smuggler than the Agent, in my opinion, and I don't like something which makes it look like there are lumps all over my body in odd locations.)

2 comments:

  1. Try this: http://www.torhead.com/item/642cg1n/rd-03b-coordination-jacket#screenshots

    Or this: http://www.torhead.com/item/3b9rwJf/hooligans-jacket#created-by

    Keep shootin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh, I have a prospect now! Might have to pay a visit to Nar Shaddaa . . .

      Delete