Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Surprises Never End

Oh, my goodness . . . Now I remember why I loved the Agent story so much . . . I've just had my world turned upside down . . . Finding myself wanting to play longer than I should, to see if I can progress the story . . .

At least, as I run primarily with Vector, one of the twists didn't affect me as much as it might have done.

My most recent slight setback was the Eve of Destruction quest chain on Corellia, or a part thereof, at any rate.  This part involves going into a building, making my way through it, and accessing a target at the opposite end.  The trouble was that if I tried to pull a single group in a large room, I ended up with multiple groups, and Vector and I had a difficult time dealing with eight opponents at once.  One of the members of most of the groups was a watch robot, so I figured perhaps it was the one sending out the alarm, but even when I tried slicing it, the next group came over.  Unfortunately, I couldn't just stealth my way through the quest--which I tried to do--because the target I had to access is right by one of the groups.  I logged off late that night, deciding I needed more sleep to figure out how to overcome this situation.

Operating under the assumption that anything in a class quest can be soloed, even if it is a little difficult, I decided there must be something I was missing to make this work.  I considered gearing up my robot tank . . . But what I finally did was check Vector's abilities for anything at all dealing AOE effects, even if it didn't seem to deal any damage, just in case he was breaking the CC on the watch robot, thus causing it to call for help . . .

Accordingly, Vector and I found ourselves back at the Aegis base the next evening.  And this time, I sliced the robot repeatedly (ie., even when the previous slice hadn't worn off yet), while Vector and I took on every single group we could find, in order.

Amazingly enough, we didn't pull multiple groups, and we successfully completed the quest.  Looks like we found the problem!

Incidentally, some time ago, one of the clients where I worked was a company named Aegis which dealt in security . . . Anyone want to let them know Hikarinoko destroyed their base?  /giggle


1 comment:

  1. I ended up just turning off my companion's AoE abilities. It was too much trouble dealing with CC otherwise.

    ReplyDelete