Sunday, November 18, 2012

Took Another Peek

This time, I made it all the way to Belsavis on my agent before becoming annoyed and logging off.

It took me a while to figure out what all my abilities meant again, slowed down by the sluggish mental state of illness, which is why I decided to head to Belsavis, a bit lower than where I would have headed if I was in top form.

I discovered exactly what I had on that right side bar which I was now missing . . . things like Recuperate, Heroic Moment (most of my other "oh bleep" abilities, as well), or my speeder.  I managed to juggle some things around (who really needs medpacs on their action bar, anyway, right, when they're a healer?) but soon enough, I realized if I juggled enough to get all three of these included in my two bars, I'd end up bumping off something else I really do need . . . like stuns or heals or damage dealing or energy recuperation.

Luckily enough, I already had "Take Cover" hotkeyed, so that didn't need to be on any bar . . . I searched for ways to hotkey some of these other things, but as far as I could tell, it couldn't happen unless they were on an action bar already.

What's the point of gaining level and gaining abilities if you can't access most of them?

I have heard other bloggers say they think it is unreasonable to require those who originally purchased the game and return under the umbrella of Preferred to lose some of their UI, and I have to say I agree.  I can live with the fact that I neglected to purchase the next level of speeder training at level 40 and now will have to do without it.  (I figured it wasn't worth purchasing until level 50.  Oh, well.  My bad.)  I can live with restrictions on warzones and such, but I don't think I can even enjoy the warzones I am able to play if I cannot access my abilities.

When my husband gets his computer back and we can log on together to play our lowbie characters, maybe I'll be able to settle back in and have fun.  (Of course, as an altoholic, he's going to have a much more difficult time than me figuring out which two characters to play . . .)  Or maybe getting over this crazy illness will help change my state of mind; perhaps I'll figure out which abilities I can manage and which I can throw away.

Part of me figures I have no right to complain.  After all, I'm not paying for the privilege of playing right now.


1 comment:

  1. I agree that you totally NEED more than 2 hotbars! The game is barely functional with 4. It's one of the new f2p restrictions that is stupid and annoying and pretty much makes everyone irate.

    If you think you're going to stick with it, it might be worth adding extra bars, it's about $5-6 for one extra bar for your whole account.

    I usually get by with 2.5 hotbars total, but that's playing pure dps, and as a healer I'd need at least 4.

    ReplyDelete