Friday, December 14, 2012

Surprises in the Mail

Recently, I expressed sadness that because Hikarinoko has reached the end of her story, she will never again hear from the Minister of Intelligence or from her husband, Vector.

I reckoned without considering the mail.

Today, for a lark, I decided to log on to Hikarinoko, to run a warzone and keep my fingers in practice for the time I raise my next agent.  I was surprised to see I had four new items in my mailbox.

One was from the Minister of Intelligence, a form letter to all former members of Imperial Intelligence, encouraging patience and perseverance.

And three were from Vector.  It was filled with the poetic way he would speak during the conversations with Hikarinoko and made me a little wistful.


See what I mean?  It reminds me of the things I used to write in my own journals (or in my young single days, in the letters to the guys with whom I would correspond, because I tended to write very long and very detailed letters, full of speculations or observations . . . or sometimes, even attempts at poetry).

Or this one . . .


/sigh . . . . I miss Hikarinoko greatly, but I also miss Vector.

You know, I am very fortunate in my RL husband.  He may not have as poetic a bent as Vector, but, knowing how much I love words, he does try to speak my language and sends me messages.  (Letters, e-mails, PowerPoint presentations . . .) 

No comments:

Post a Comment