Tuesday, August 14, 2012

More Adventures?

The other day, I expressed the concern that once Hikarinoko (now 45) hit level 50 and finished her class quest chain, I might find myself in a dilemma similar to that which surprised me as Anachan reached max level:  boredom.

"I'm worried that once I reach level 50, I won't have any reason to play anymore," I told my husband.

"Why don't you make another character?" he responded.

I rolled my eyes.  "Which one?  I didn't enjoy the Smuggler story . . . 'Hey, let's all go treasure-hunting' . . . I saw the Trooper story when I played with your Trooper, and I have no interest at all in playing Jedi Knight (not a healer).  And I've already discovered I can't stomach playing a Sith.  Should I just make another Agent?"  (After all, the story's good enough.)

"Well," he said, "why don't you try a Bounty Hunter?"

I was skeptical.  But I remembered hearing from other bloggers that the Bounty Hunter playstyle could be very customizable, from a Light/Dark perspective, as well as the choices in general, even if the general idea of "The Great Hunt" hadn't yet caught my imagination.

Just in case I ended up concluding it was a good idea, I decided to go create a Bounty Hunter and think about it.  She's a Chiss, skinny--as I like to make most of my characters and wish I looked like, myself--with mid-length hair loose around her face.  Following my more recent trend of character naming, I pulled out my Japanese dictionary . . .

A couple of page flips later, she had her name:  Karinoko.  Yes, it's a lot like Hikarinoko, but the meaning is different.  While Hikarinoko is "Child of Light", Karinoko is "Child of the Hunt".  I figured it was appropriate.



So now I have a level 3 Bounty Hunter to stare at on my character screen.

Poor girl . . . she probably won't get much attention until Hikarinoko is level 50 . . .

Update:  Incidentally, I did make another Agent, because my husband decided he wanted me to make a new character for him to run around occasionally with his baby Bounty Hunter.  He's still amazed I want to make this one an Operative, too, but then, I'm the kind of person who reads books over and over 20 times, too . . . while he's a serious altoholic . . .

Her name is Kaminoko, "Child of God."  (One letter is all it takes to change it from "hunt" to "God".)

Yep, I like a certain look, don't I?

Interestingly enough, although I know the story already, I still don't want to skip the voiceovers in the class quests . . . They're still that good . . . (And I'm occasionally making slightly different choices than I did with Hikarinoko . . . Darth Jadus didn't kill me this time.)

The one complication with this arrangement is . . . will I still decide to play Karinoko when Hikarinoko hits 50?  After all, I'm now seeing the BH story, too . . .

We'll see if I have any time at all by then, with all the preparations needed for my new job.  (If you've never done student teaching, you have no idea how much time outside of school teachers actually work . . . We've just started school, so I don't have my pace set yet, but right now, I leave at 6:00 am, return at 5:00 or 6:00 in the evening--remember I have an hour commute--and work until 9:00 or so, planning lessons and stuff.  Oy vey.)

No comments:

Post a Comment